We have a Patient Participation Group and we publish newsletters to keep patients aware of new services which we are offering. We are a go-ahead Practice, that takes advantage of opportunities to develop new services, but also retains the traditional values of the ‘family Doctor’. We are a traditional, local service which recognises the therapeutic relationship between a Doctor and a patient. We like patients to see one Doctor for ongoing care of a long term condition, whenever possible.
We also recognise, however, the importance of providing accessible services on a daily basis to help patients who are ill with short term conditions. We have trained up the Nursing team to provide a range of services to patients, with the support of GPs, in order to increase patients’ access to medical help.
Purpose of the Patient Panel Group
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest
- To bring a sense of ownership and partnership between practice staff and patients
- To consult patients about the facilities and provision of services
- To produce an action plan, in conjunction with the Practice Manager, in response to the findings of the consultation
- To disseminate information about the work of the Patient Panel Group
- To receive information about the changes to healthcare provision
- The meeting does not discuss individual complaints against a member of staff as there is a separate complaints procedure for that purpose
Patients can ask to see the Practice Manager at any time, or can write with any views. Issues or comments will be treated seriously, investigated and a response will be given.
Patients can also contact group members through the practice if they wish to have an item raised at a meeting:
- David Gill (Chair)
- Christine Bate (Vice Chair)