• Antenatal Clinic – Held by Community Midwife Sue Morris. 1PM – 3PM every Wednesday. 5PM – 7PM every first Wednesday of the month.
• Asthma – Held by Nurse Practitioner Lisa and Community Pharmacist Nazir, By appointment only.
Intervention Monitoring and education to help prevent exacerbation of asthma.
• Cervical smear – Held by Practice Nurses by appointment.
•Counselling – Your doctor can refer you to the Community Psychiatric Nurse or a CBT therapist.
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary airway disease – Held by Nurse Practitioner by appointment.
These are to provide support, information, care and medication for sufferers. All patients are invited for annual review, and those with severe disease are invited twice a year.
• Long Term Conditions – Held by Health Care Assistant. Annual reviews will be invited by birth month for appointment.
• Minor surgery – Held by Dr Stewart.
• NHS Health Check – Held by Health Care Assistants, Daily appointments.
Patients will have the choice to have a fasting blood test prior appointment or POCT (Finger prick sample) so that their cholesterol level and other tests can be measured. Mostly the outcome is advice on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but referrals can also be made for weight management services, smoking cessation and exercise programmes. In some cases, these checks identify real potential problems at an early stage which enables them to be treated by a Doctor.
• Travel Vaccination – Held by Practice Nurse, daily appointments.
Advice for overseas holiday travel. Please try to arrange vaccinations 6 weeks before you travel. Specific injections/medications for travel may incur a private fee. Ask your Practice Nurse for more details.